The Nice Guy Revolution
Do you think you have what it takes to be a Nice Guy?
To abolish hate, anger, and negative thought from your mind, and accept love, joy, and laughter into your heart?
To spread light, warmth, acceptance, and love throughout the world?
To help those who are in need of assistance? Be it a monetary donation, a part of your own meal, a simple joke to lighten a mood, or to lift a heavy couch to help a friend move to a new living space?
To be patient, let hateful words pass by your ears like a breeze without reaction, not perpetuate drama or strife, and quell a nasty storm before it erupts into pandemonium by remaining calm and collected?
You may very well be a Nice Guy.
The NGR is an idea I have. There is no base of operations, no central leader, no organization, just us as individuals. Being Nice Guys to help counterbalance the darkness that exists in this reality.
It's not gender-based either, despite what it may sound like. You know how people refer to "the good guys"? It's always the group of people, regardless of gender, who are helping people, saving lives, and being heroes in the movies and the comic books. That's what Nice Guys is too. The group of people, regardless of gender, who are out there helping people.
You can do your part by being aware of your surroundings, if you see someone having a piss-poor day, take a moment to brighten it. Smile at them, say hello with warmth, stay and talk a little, tip a few extra bucks in cash, donate a free coffee or treat to someone who's working hard. A smile is a victory, a laugh is glory. When the world is dark, don't wait for someone else to turn on the light, illuminate yourself and burn bright for those around you who need to see in the shadows. Passing along a positive experience can start a beautiful chain reaction of happy and warm energy.
So be kind in the face of rude. The stories they will tell are worth it.
When I was in High School sometimes I would hear people talk about someone who was really awesome to them. They would take them home, or give them cool stuff, or teach them interesting things. I called this guy Mr. Awesome, he had no name, or a face I could recognize, all I know was that he was really cool to other people. I wanted to be talked about with fond smiles, excited eyes, and a laugh. I wanted them to feel good when they thought of me. I wanted to be Mr. Awesome too! I wanted to save the whole world from the negativity that seemed to drape over everyone like a wet blanket, blocking out the sunlight that was so beautiful.
So be a Mr. Awesome, be part of the Nice Guy Revolution right now. Let's tear a gigantic hole in the negative blanket, let it dissolve away and let the light in!
Tips on being a Nice Guy:
- Do your deed and leave. Do not bask in any glory, but smile and walk away.
- Do not ask for anything in return. Nice is always free, as it should be.
- Be a Nice Ninja, discreet, secret, and silent. Only you should know what you've done.
- Nice means never hurting. Support one without taking down another. No revenge, no bitterness, only sweet.
- Nice guys never finish last, we don't care about racing, we're here to have fun.
- To be nice you must survive, do not throw everything away, live and be nice another day. You cannot help the world if you are dead.
- If you cannot give, do not force yourself to. Money is finite and expensive, smiles and time are free and infinite.
- Pay it forward, if someone is nice to you, keep the flow going, and be nice to someone new.